Supplier Routing Instructions
Routing Instructions for Arbell Suppliers Shipping Collect
Note: All transportation costs and other freight-related expenses incurred by Arbell as a result of the supplier's non-compliance with the terms and conditions listed below shall be charged back, in their entirety, to the supplier.
I. Customs & Brokerage (US & foreign suppliers):
must be sent to OMDTEAM@UPS.COM for customs clearing
II. Shipments weighing up to 149 Lbs.
(refer to carton requirements below)
Ship collect via UPS Ground Service: Account Number: 501421.
Priority shipments: Only as requested by Arbell Purchasing.
Ship to: (unless noted otherwise on PO)
Arbell Electronics Inc.
1175 Corporate Dr, Unit # 8
Burlington, ON, L7L 5V5
Contact: Paul Cauley
III. Shipments 150 Lbs or over:
Paul Cauley: 905-332-7555 x241
1. Inquiries: Call or E-mail – 905-332-7755 x 241, email@example.com
2. Do not ship multi piece shipments on individual waybills; pack multiple PO’s into one master case.
3. Do not issue more than one shipment via UPS per day. All excess cost incurred by unnecessary multi piece shipments will be billed back to supplier.
4. Seal cartons securely with reinforced tape. All openings on all sides of the carton, including edges must be sealed using the “H” method. Do not use bands, straps, staples or string around exterior of shipping carton/container.
5. Do not shrink wrap multiple cartons together as “one shippable carton” because they may become separated. Pack these into a larger carton. Exception: LTL shipments.
6. No excessive tissue or paper as filler to “cube” or “fill-up” under-packed cartons. Cardboard or shipboard is permitted to protect goods. Tissue may be used only as necessary to protect packaging from sticking and damaging during transit.
7. Do not fill excess space in shipping containers with Styrofoam packaging peanuts.
8. Do not over pack or under pack the carton.
9. Carton strength should be a minimum of 32 ETC (edge test crush) = 150 Mullen to prevent crushing during transit. Large or heavy cartons may require a higher ETC.
10. If the dimensional weight exceeds 150 lbs please call Arbell Traffic Department for routing instructions. The following carton size and weight requirements apply to all cartons shipped to Arbell.
a.) Individual carton weight MUST be 50 LBS or less.
b.) Verify that the size of the carton is 5184 cubic inches or less.
c.) Cubic size is determined by multiplying the carton length x width x height.
d.) It is the vendor’s responsibility to check with the freight carrier for “Large package” characteristics.
e.) Vendor Assumes expenses of additional charges/surcharges for oversized/dimmed cartons
11. DO NOT SHIP A SHIPMENT OR EVEN A SINGLE CARTON THAT DOES NOT COMPLY WITH ARBELL DIMENSION OR WEIGHT REQUIREMENTS WITHOUT FIRST OBTAINING WRITTEN AUTHORIZATION BY CONTACTING THE Arbell Traffic department: 905-332-7755 x 241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
12. DO NOT insure shipments on Arbells behalf. Cartons damaged or lost in shipments revert back to the shipper for filing claims. Therefore you may insure for your own protection at your expense.
be paid at your expense.